Tuesday, February 12, 2013

San Sebastian Winery

 
San Sebastian Winery
 
 
Port maturing in oak barrels...take 1 year

Original part of building from 1923...see walkway made from oak barrels

 

Oak Barrels

Wines...odd shape bottle is Port and next to it is Sherry

Wine Tasting

Bottle rack and oak barrels
Have you ever and I repeat ever been to a wine tour that had wine tasting for free!!!!!  Well, folks I did today and got to sample 5 wines and 1 port and 1 sherry.  Awesome!!! The tour was great and I have pictures.  We purchased  Rosa(blush wine), cream sherry and a port.  Have to say these were great.   My Gram Lewis(England) loved her sherry and she would of loved this one!! My thoughts were of her tasting this. I remember going to visit her with I was 19 and she had one she absolutely love but it was more expensive so she only bought it on special occasions and I bought it for her.   I sent her money every year after that until she passed away in 81...Make sure I put extra in so she could buy a bottle of her favorite sherry.  She was one special Lady and I know who my Mum takes after!!!  Very special Day!!!  Love you and miss you....Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment