Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Journey Ends, my final thoughts


My favourite picture that I thought says it all. Spectacular!!!!!!!

Well, it is finally here after 7 1/2 months we have completed the circle and arrived home last night. The drive from Maryland was excellent, nice sunny days but chilly. We ended up doing it in 2 days as sleeping in the cold is not so much fun!!!!

Words cannot describe how amazing the journey was and the wonderful people we have visited and met on the way. All of you made such an impact on us and you will always have a special place in our hearts. To our newest grandson, Ben, meeting you for the first time was such a joy and I enjoyed every minute I spent with you and I miss you so much.

I could not find words to explain how I feel but this quote I love:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proudly proclaiming "WOW, What a Ride!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment